The Department of Ecology administers a number of reporting requirements. The most common of these
requirements are listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not yet a comprehensive list of Ecology's
Spills of oil or hazardous materials must be reported.
- Agricultural Post-Burn Report ("Blue Card")
- A post-burn report must be submitted to Ecology whenever anyone conducts
in Eastern Washington except Benton, Spokane, and Yakima counties and
Blue card these counties:
Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Klickitat and Okanogan
Blue Card for these counties:
Adams, Asotin, Columbia, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Lincoln, Pend
Oreille, Stevens, Walla Walla and Whitman
Individual grants and loans awarded by Ecology include a variety of reporting
requirements. See the various programs and individual contracts for more
- Hazardous Chemicals (EPCRA Tier Two and other reporting requirements)
- Facilities may be subject to one or more Emergency Planning and Community
Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) reporting requirements
depending upon the types and quantities of chemicals stored or released. EPCRA
also is known as Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA) Title III.
- Dangerous Waste
- All facilities/sites that have RCRA site ID numbers are required to complete
an Annual Dangerous Waste Report each year.
Water Quality Reporting
- Construction Stormwater
- Construction projects must report high stormwater turbidity results (greater
than or equal to 250 NTUs) within 24 hours.
- Industrial Stormwater
- Reports (discharge monitoring reports or DMRs) must be submitted quarterly
for facilities covered by the industrial stormwater general permit.
- Municipal Stormwater
- Municipal stormwater permits require all permittees to submit annual
reports describing the progress of their permit implementation activities.
- Wastewater discharge permits include requirements for the submittal of Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs).
Water Resources Reporting
- Well Construction Reports (Well Logs)
- After a well is constructed, re-constructed or decommissioned, a well report
must be submitted within 30 days to the Department of Ecology.
REPORT A PROBLEM
Report an environmental problem to Ecology
COMMON ENVIRONMENTAL REPORTS
Poster showing common environmental reports for industrial facilities in Washington State (pdf)